TEAM KAPAMILYA TAYO!

"I was determined that ABS-CBN would be number one. And to be number one , you have to get the number one people."
-EUGENIO L. LOPEZ, ABS-CBN Corporation Chairman Emeritus

Monday, December 13, 2010

Jewel Mische says she has Kim Chiu’s blessing to work with Gerald Anderson


Sun Dec 12 2010 11:10 PM
by: Rhea Manila P. Santos


After her December 8 contract signing, Jewel Mische is all set to star in her first project as a certified Kapamilya. The former teen talent search winner is going to be paired opposite Gerald Anderson in the series Bagwis, which is going to be aired next year. The 20-year-old admits she had mixed feelings when she first found out she would be working with Gerald. “Kinakabahan ako because I didn’t expect it na magiging ganun. Lalo na the project is going to be with Gerald and you know, yung love team niya with Kim is napakaganda and very, very strong. I’m happy about it but I’m also nervous. Kinakabahan ako but gusto ko lang gawin yung trabaho ko. It’s an opportunity for me and I want to give justice to it,” she says. 



Although they have yet to start taping for Bagwis, Jewel finally met the Fil-Am actor during the promo shoot for the series. “I’ve met him once and he was congenial. He was nice. Sa mga susunod na araw siguro mas makikilala ko pa siya. Ang alam ko mahusay siyang actor so that alone makes me feel excited to work with him,” she says. Jewel also admits that she is aware that there are expectations to be met, especially among those who are used to seeing Gerald paired with Kim Chiu, but Jewel says she is willing to face the challenge. “Siyempre nakakadagdag ng excitement para sa akin. Pressure siya. I’m very much aware na ganun yung nangyayari but I understand those sentiments of the fans, pero trabaho lang ito. Nothing personal. Sana matanggap nila akoand I would like to earn their respect by giving them a good performance and I’m sure everything will turn out well,” she adds. 

Jewel was able to meet Kim during the ABS-CBN trade launch held last December 2 at the PICC and had only nice things to say about Gerald’s former leading lady. “I met some of the stars and I shook hands with Kim. I found her very, very nice. Very nice yung pag-ngiti niya sa akin. It feels nice. So parang nandun agad yung alam kong magiging comfortable ako with her because nakikita ko na mabait siya,” she says.  Jewel was also grateful to hear that Kim also gave good feedback after meeting her. “Napakalaking bagay yun para sa akin, siyempre kailangan ko ng approval dun sa original na nakatambal di ba? Napakalaking bagay and maraming, maraming salamat sayo Kim and sana soon makilala kita,” she adds. 

Jewel also had an earnest message to fans of Gerald and Kim who may still have their reservations about accepting her as Gerald's latest leading lady. “I understand their sentiments but I also know that they would understand and I would want to earn their respect really. Ito po trabaho lang tapos pasko na so it’s a new beginning for me. I’m starting anew so sobrang laking tulong at bagay sa pagsisimula ko kung matatanggap nila ako. And the most important thing is, I’ve got Kim’s approval so thank you Kim. Thank you so much. You’re so sweet,” she says. 

No comments:

Post a Comment