The Pasig Regional Trial Court on Tuesday dismissed a case filed by actress Katrina Halili against Hayden Kho in connection with the sex video scandal, according to an online report.
Judge Rodolfo Bonifacio of Pasig RTC Branch 159 threw out Halili’s case after the prosecution failed to submit enough evidence to prove that Kho was responsible for uploading the sex videos.
Although the court is not condoning the taking of the sex video, Bonifacio pointed out that videotaping their intercourse should not cause any emotional or psychological distress to Halili since both parties were aware that it was taking place.
Bonifacio said that it was impossible for Halili not to notice the camera because it “was situated in an open and unconcealed place.”
Halili’s legal counsel, lawyer Raymund Palad, said they will appeal the court’s decision.
Halili has charged Kho with violation of Republic Act (RA) 9262, or the Anti-Violence Against Women and Children Act, after their sex video, which she claimed was taken without her consent, went viral last year.
Kho’s sex videos with other women were also leaked onto the Internet.
Kho admitted that he videotaped his sexcapades with different women without their knowledge. He also apologized for the proliferation of the sex videos, saying that these were uploaded and reproduced without his knowledge.
A teary-eyed Kho and his family were thankful and happy upon hearing the news. Kho’s dad hopes that, with the case’s dismissal, his medical license will soon be reinstated.
The medical license of Kho, who is a cosmetic surgeon, was revoked by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) as a result of the scandal. The PRC board came up with the decision after Halili lodged a complaint before the commission.
Meanwhile, Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla was saddened by the dismissal of the case.
“Nalulungkot ako at nagulat sa naging desisyon ng korte... Ang mabigat dito, baka mamaya tularan si Hayden Kho ng iba... We do respect the decision of the court. Pero siyempre, masakit ito para kina Katrina," he said.
Revilla was the one who initiated the Senate investigation of the scandal. Also, he had called on the PRC to revoke Kho’s license. -With Ginger Conejero, ABS-CBN News