TEAM KAPAMILYA TAYO!

"I was determined that ABS-CBN would be number one. And to be number one , you have to get the number one people."
-EUGENIO L. LOPEZ, ABS-CBN Corporation Chairman Emeritus

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jewel Mische doesn’t mind being referred to as KC Concepcion’s lookalike


Sat Jan 22 2011 12:09 AM
by: Rhea Manila P. Santos


After transferring to the Kapamilya network last month, Jewel Mische has been busy preparing for the projects in store for her in 2011, starting with Wansapanataym Presents Rod Santiago’s Buhawi Jack which also stars Gerald Anderson and Rap Fernandez as her leading men. The talent search winner turned actress said she is used to the local media saying that she has similar features as KC Concepcion. The pretty Buhawi Jack star said she met KC even before she decided to transfer to ABS-CBN. Now that they’re under the same network, Jewel said she has been spending more time with KC and the other Star Magic talents. “Naka-ilang acting workshops na rin kami together sa Star Magic. She’s nice. Pero during those timespareho kaming focused on acting,” she shared during the press con for Buhawi Jack last January 18 at the ABS-CBN compound 
 
The pretty 20 year-old admitted she considers it a compliment to be likened to the eldest daughter of Megastar Sharon Cuneta. “It’s more on nahihiya ako. Nahihiya ako kasi ang ganda ganda niya,” she admitted. Jewel also explained that she is also trying to work hard for people to recognize her for herself and not as a KC lookalike. “I should not take that na hindi maganda. First of all, KC is KC. I know the time will come na mag-fe-fade din yung ganung tingin ng tao. Now I should only think of it as a positive thing because she’s beautiful and smart and all that so nahihiya lang talaga ako sa kanya when people say that,” she added.

Jewel also shared that she has a lot of celebrtiy crushes in the Kapamilya family. “Iba-iba yung what I find attractive sa mga crushes ko like Piolo (Pascual), Derek (Ramsay), and John Lloyd (Cruz). Lahat sila may kanya-kanyang charisma kasi,” she admitted.

Although she has decided to totally focus on her showbiz career, Jewel said pursuing her studies will always be her priority. “My education is something that I will never let go of. But right now, to be honest, it looks like medyo mahihirapan ako kasi yung schedule ko puno. ABS-CBN has so many great plans for me and it will demand time so yun yung kailangan ko pag-aralan, kung paano ko ma-ma-manage kasi it’s the first time na ganito ako ka-busy eh. It’s the first time na mukhang puno yung schedule ko araw-araw,” she explained.

Jewel believes that being able to be self-supporting is an important attribute for her. “You know, ever at a young age, I learned that when you want to do something, you have to earn it first. You have to be able to stand for yourself. It’s a principle I live by. In fact, hanggang ngayon hindi pa nga ako tapos because I spent for my own schooling. I spend for myself, I feed myself, and I send myself to school,” she said.

To see more of Jewel Mische, catch Wansapanataym Presents Rod Santiago’s Buhawi Jack which premieres January 22 on ABS-CBN.

No comments:

Post a Comment