TEAM KAPAMILYA TAYO!

"I was determined that ABS-CBN would be number one. And to be number one , you have to get the number one people."
-EUGENIO L. LOPEZ, ABS-CBN Corporation Chairman Emeritus

Friday, February 4, 2011

Sam wants a duet with Taylor Swift

 Singer-host Sam Concepcion is now setting his sights on singing a duet with international artist Taylor Swift.

Concepcion shared his wish after Swift personally chose him to be the front act for her much-awaited “Taylor Swift Live in Manila” concert on February 19 at the Araneta Coliseum.

"Yeah of course, 'yong mag-front act lang sa Maynila, iba na 'yon. To be invited for the entire thing (sobra na 'yon). To do a duet would be out of this world," Concepcion told abs-cbnNEWS.com during a meet and greet with Jollibee Yumbassadors on Friday (Feb. 4).

The singer said he is really excited to do the front act for Swift's concert in Manila and also expressed appreciation that Swift asked him to join her for the rest of her Asian tour.

"Just really excited that I will be able to do the front act for the Manila concert. On top of that, they want me to do the entire tour na din. I was so shocked," he said.

Concepcion said that as much as he wanted to join Swift in her Asian tour, it would not be easy because of his prior commitments.

"I really hope it works out kasi I just found out like 2, 3 days ago. And well of course I have previous engagement na baka may matamaan na I have to do here in the Philippines. I hope na it works out and maybe I can do a couple of those shows in other countries, hopefully," the young crooner said.

Concepcion admitted that the chance to be with Swift in her Asian tour is a big break for him to penetrate Asian countries or even the US. 

"Things happen at the right time. So one day at a time. And just be ready with what will come my way," he said.

Concepcion added that even without the front act, he is one of Swift's fans.

"I'm a fan ever since. I'm such a huge fan," he ended, adding that his favorite Swift song is "Teardrops On My Guitar."

Currently, aside from being an active Jollibee Yumbassador, Concepcion is part of ABS-CBN's "Shout Out."

He is also shooting a show called "Good Vibes."

No comments:

Post a Comment